I full well understand that there are still several hours left in this end-of-the-Mayan-Calendar-cycle day, but all signs seem to clearly point to the fact that the world is not ending today and life will go on.
As I expected. Take THAT History Channel apocalypse marathon.
Video by CGPGrey, also found here (go, has many other awesome videos).
So in the spirit of a solar flare NOT bursting from space and the earth’s geomagnetic field not doing whatever it was supposed to catastrophically do, why not make today the day for #2ndchances?
Think through your personal and professional life:
- the book you wanted to read
- the book you wanted to WRITE
- the application you wanted to complete
- the song you wanted to sing
- the team you wanted to join
- the place you wanted to go
- the person you wanted to go there with
- the child you realize you have been harsh with
- the child you realize you haven’t heard from enough
- the child you wanted to congratulate
- the people you wished you had thanked
- the colleagues you do not see outside of work
- the fears you just gotta get over already
- the strengths you know you have locked inside
In celebration of the Secret Planet Nibiru NOT smashing into earth, why not take the days ahead for second chances?
Here’s to December 21, 2012. The Day the World Didn’t End.