I just finished my appearance on Education Talk Radio with Larry Jacobs which aired live today at 11AM EST on Blog Talk Radio.
I will admit at about 10:48 I was reeeeally nervous. Way more nervous than I am used to. I present frequently and honestly love to talk (as those who know me know all too well). But 12 minutes before the show my stomach was in knots. The first great help was tweets and messages of love and support coming from so many of you. THANK YOU. The other great support was that Larry was a terrific host – funny and thoughtful.
Here is the link to the archived interview: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/edutalk/2012/11/12/common-core-and-re-energized-research-instruction
We talk about my book Energize Research Reading and Writing, why I love Library/Media Specialists, the Chris Lehmann/Chris Lehman confusion (with a shout out to Kate Roberts), seeing the CCSS as habits not check-boxes, with a backdrop of laughter throughout the show.
If you don’t follow Education Talk Radio’s blog, you really should. No really. Larry has AWESOME guests. Wait, that wasn’t big enough…
Here are just a few podcasted shows with people you love:
- Sandy Hayes of @NCTE and Meenoo Rami (!!) of #engchat: NCTE CONVENTION AND PROFESSIONAL/PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Penny Kittle (!!): CREATING A LOVE OF READING IN YOUR STUDENTS
- Chartchums (!!) Marjorie Martinelli and Kristi Mraz: ELEMENTARY ED: HOW CLASSROOM CHARTS MAKE THE LEARNING DIFFERENCE
- And soooo many more, here is Education Talk Radio list of archived shows.
- You can also follow the show’s handle for updates on programs and guests on Twitter: @EduTalkRadio
Thanks for listening! Happy researching!