**First a note: this Monday Nov 12 at 11 AM EST, listen live to Education Talk Radio with Larry Jacobs. I we be the show’s guest, talking about the Common Core and my new book Energize Research Reading and Writing. Live stream will be found here.**
Viiiva Viiiiva Las Leeeeearning
…wait, it’s in Las Vegas… keep all of that on the list.
I feel overwhelmed by the program:
I am looking forward to meeting tweeps and blog readers (say hi!):
I also just might be getting a haircut (in about an hour):
I also… will be learning. (Learning.):
- I am presenting Saturday with Lucy Calkins and Mary Ehrenworth
- I am signing copies of my books and – more importantly – meeting and greeting at 1 PM at the Heinemann Booth #120.
Sessions I’m Excited For (I Need MORE Recommendations!)
And here is my short but growing list of sessions I am excited for – and need to clone myself to attend everything. PLEASE recommend your sessions or others you are excited about.
- A.36 Building on Strength: Teaching English as if Adolescents Already Knew What They Were Doing
- C.29 Unleashing and Harnessing the Power of Talk to Construct And Demonstrate Meaningful Understanding of Texts, Ourselves, and the World
- *TWEEPS SESSION* D.33 Facilitating Choice Within Curriculum Constraints
- F.01 Featured – Tuning Teacher’s Voice: We Can Inform Public Policy on Reading and Writing
- *TWEEPS SESSION* J.03 The Nerdy Book Club: How Teacher Readers Ignite Classroom Reading Communities
If you cannot attend, all conference long follow #NCTE12 for live-tweets.
Viiiiva viiiiiva Las NCTE!